Monday, November 5, 2012

Taco Bites

 These Taco bites were wicked east to make.  this is a perfect quik app to make when your crunched for time. They literally took 10 minutes.  Mine tho did not come out like the picture.  They looked much nicer and more stuffed.  The only ingredient i didn't use was the cilantro because I don't really like it.  I doubled the recipe and bascially the 5 of use ate everyone.. Of course I forgot to put out the sour cream but no one complained.  (oh and thanks to Stacy they sell the wonton wrappers in the PRODUCE section) i spent a long time running in circle with my 7month old (fun) looking in the freezer section) Score: 9
[tacocups4%255B5%255D.jpg]
 
TACO BITES

Wonton wrappers
                                                            1 lb. ground beef, browned
                                                                 1 pkg. taco seasoning
                                                                   Toppings {optional}
                                                                             Cheese
                                                                          Tomatoes
                                                                            Lettuce
                                                                        Sour Cream
                                                                             Cilantro

Before you do anything, I BEG YOU to spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. I foolishly neglected to do so on my first go 'round with these little taco bites and I had to throw away my pan. Dangit. Once your pan is all nice and greased, place one wrapper in each cup.
Brown meat and drain. Return to pan and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Scoop a tablespoon of taco meat into each cup. I went ahead and added cheese to mine before putting them in the oven.
 Bake at 425 for about 8-10 minutes or until wrappers are golden brown around the edges. Be careful though because those wrappers can burn if you're not paying attention! I started watching them around the 8 minute mark and then took 'em out around 9{ish} minutes. I know every oven is different, so just keep your eye on 'em so they don't scorch!!!!
Remove from pan and add toppings as desired

2 comments:

  1. They were delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS!!!!! My new fave appetizer!!! You know me and my Mexican food...I just can't get enough. The wonton wrappers made them light, which was nice cuz I didn't get that awful "full" feeling that comes along with most Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete