Friday, November 2, 2012

French Toast Bake

This recipe was delicious!! I had my friend Lorie come over this morning to try out this recipe and she loved it too...  Since there was only 2 of us I cut the recipe in half and used an 8x8 pan and it worked great! (and i can't count on my husband eating it because he hates french toast....... seriously?)   I also poured ground cinnamon all over the top before baking mostly because i'm obsessed with cinnamon !!  I probably should of poured a tad more cinn mix on the bottom of the pan but whatever it tasted good anyways and super easy.. I as usual didn't read the directions clear and poured the ENTIRE brown sugar butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and was like "what the heck do I pour on the second layer of bread" uhh yeah that's all the details we need... Score: 9   (oh and i only chilled in the fridge for 1 hour)







Before I begin....I must note that I was making a double batch (two 9 x 13 pans) so the pictures have double the ingredients. The recipe listed below is for 1 pan (9 x 13). Happy eating!!

** For those who are not familiar with Texas Toast, it is thickly sliced bread. The slices are about double the thickness of standard sliced bread. For a better description, click here **
Ingredient Checklist

1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar

1 loaf Texas toast
4 eggs

1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling

Directions

1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup (I don't do the syrup part)

No comments:

Post a Comment