Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beer CrockPot Chicken

Hmmm ok well the chicken came out really moist buuuttt... If you think about it... If you put just beer in and no thickener then it comes out very very watery!!! I wanted to put it over rice or egg noodles (i picked rice). I ended up adding a pack of Onion Soup mix and I would also recommend adding like a brown gravy mix too to really thicken up the sauce.  Salt it well because I had to salt it twice while eating it and I'm not a huge salt eater.  I probably wouldn't make this again but it's good if you just want just the chicken out of the recipe. I used leg quarters (dark meat) and it was very juicy!  It's just a weird recipe and you have to get creative with it.. Score: 5  Taste: 6... 

beer crockpot chicken - can be made from frozen chicken breasts or bone-in pieces...raves as the best crockpot chicken ever!!

Total Servings: 6 Total Cost: $3.00

4-6 Chicken Breasts or 1 Whole or cut up Chicken
1 Can of any kind of Beer
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
*You can use whatever spices you like

  • Put all ingredients into crockpot
  • If frozen cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10
  • If fresh cook on high 3-4 hrs or low 7-8 hours if fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment