Sunday, November 25, 2012

Apple Pie Bites

MMMMMMMMMMM..... These were so good!  I used Granny Smith Apples because they're nice and tart. I served them at my Pampered chef party. They were like eating those Burger King apple pies... The best was the crunchy cinnamon that baked onto the bottom of the crescent rolls. The apples were nice and soft but not mushy.  I do have to say tho they did stick to the pan and were a bitch to scrape off. I'd suggest to maybe do a quick spray with Pam or Parchment paper. I used 2 apples, 2 crescent rolls and 2 tbls of butter to double the recipe.  I cut some of the crescent roll triangles in half to get even more out of the crescent rolls and just sliced the apples a little thinner.  I just thought it was too much dough to use an entire triangle on one piece of Apple.... Delicious.!!!!!!!! I would absolutely make these again!  Score: 9.5


Here’s How I Did It…

Apple Pie Bites – Serves 8

1 (Tart) Apple Sliced

3 Heaping Tbsp. Brown Sugar

2 Tbsp. Cinnamon ( I used a homemade Cinni-Sugar Mix)

1 Tbsp. Melted Butter

1 Pkg. Of Immaculate Baking Co. Crescent Rolls

*(I use immaculate baking co. when I’m not doing homemade - no hydrogenated oils and non gmo – it’s the only thing I feel safe about giving my kids when it’s not from scratch)
                                                                 Preheat Oven to 350˚
1. Roll out the dough on a greased cookie sheet, brush with butter and sprinkle Brown Sugar and Cinnamon in individual pieces of dough.
2. Roll up an apple slice in the dough forming a crescent, brush with melted butter and top with cinnamon. Repeat for others
 3. Bake for 12-15 Mins at 350˚.
4. Remove from Oven, filling will be hot! Serve alone or with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream.

2 comments:

  1. They DO taste like the Burger King or McDonald's apply pies, but better cuz you used real apples. I love that they were bite sized, except that meant that I could easily eat more than one (and I did). Husband loved them also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys liked these. I was skeptical about these ones!

    ReplyDelete