Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Death By Chocolate Trifle

So good!! I was afraid to make one of these because they always intimidated me but it wasn't bad!!  The only thing I did different is that I didn't do a mousse but I just made an instant chocolate and vanilla pudding.  So one layer of each  in the trifle. I also added health Bar crunch instead of Reese's pieces.  I think tho you can add some Kahlua to the Cake once you've crumbled each layer. Just enough to moisten it (I'll be doing that next time). Oh and I only tried this because I got a free Trifle bowl from my Pampered Chef party!  Score: 9.5




Here are all of my ingredients:
~ Chocolate cake mix (+ ingredients to prepare as directed)

~ Mini Reeses Cups
~ Kit Kat bars
~ Reeses Pieces
~ Chocolate syrup
~ Large Cool Whip (you'll want it thawed for this recipe)
~ Large box chocolate pudding
Once the cakes came out I crumbled them by hand into the bottom of my Trifle Bowl. My layers went like this:

1. Crumbled chocolate cake
2. Cool Whip
3. Assortment of three candies, sprinkled over Cool Whip
4. Crumbled chocolate cake
5. Half of mousse-like concoction
6. Assortment of three candies, sprinkled over mousse
7. Crumbled chocolate cake
8. Second half of mousse-like concoction
9. Assortment of three candies, sprinkled over Cool Whip
10. Crumbled chocolate cake
11. Remaining Cool Whip



No comments:

Post a Comment