Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Crock Pot stuffed Peppers

So i've made these before but not in the crockpot.  The great thing about doing it this way is that the peppers cook perfectly. You don't have to worry about boiling them first or anything.  I used 5 peppers and instead of tomato sauce I used tomato soup (canned).  Trust me it gives it a better taste.  My mom puts tomato soup in other things like sheppards pie etc and you would be amazed how much better it tastes.  My friend Lorie just made it and liked it !  I also added 1/2 cup of parm cheese to meat mixture.  Anyways this recipe came out perfect and I served it with mashed potatoes! yum!
Score: 9


Crock Pot Stuffed Green Peppers


  • 6 large green peppers
  • 1 lb. ground beef, browned
  • 2 T minced onion
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 c. cooked rice
  • 15-oz. can tomato sauce
  • 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
391


1. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
2. Combine all ingredients except peppers and cheese.
3. Stuff peppers with ground beef mixture; place in crock pot.
4. Cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
5. Sprinkle with cheese during last 30 minutes.
Happy Crocking!

1 comment: